The Historic Tax Credit Workshop is hosted by the City’s Historic Landmarks Commission and presented by Jennifer Brennan. Ms. Brennan is a Structural Historian with the West Virginia State Historic Preservation Office. Marlo A. Long will also be presenting. Ms. Long is Senior Vice President and Community Development Specialist with BB&T Bank. This free workshop will cover the following topics:
- How to get a structure listed on the National Register
- An Overview of the Historic Tax Credit Program & How to Apply
- Commercial Project Specific Information
- Residential Project Specific Information
- Tax Credit Finance/Syndication
Join us afterwards for a recap of the workshop over drinks at River City Restaurant. As the workshop coincides with our mission, we didn't want to overlap the events. Our signature speak-easy happy hour will begin again in June!